Are LGBT couples having Children?

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on LGBT couples having children?
There are studies floating around that show on many levels that children fare better when they have LGBTQ+ parents. So, on that alone, I would have to say it’s a good thing.

Plus, when I consider the children who are in “the system”, I can’t imagine that having LGBTQ+ adoptive parents is worse than what they have there.

Or we could always give them back to their biological parents. I mean I am completely understanding and sympathetic to those children who have lost their parents to accident/illness/age, but an awful lot of them are still living but completely incompetent, unwilling, or abusive parents that they were taken away.

At least their adoptive LGBTQ+ parents will love and support them because their parents and the system can’t/ don't.

Reaction score
Why not? I see no reason why they shouldn’t. (I’m assuming you are not trying to troll the preposterous idea that males can give birth.) But I’ll take it even further.

I have a belief that many human characteristics were developed over the last million years for the express purpose of continuing the human race.

That is not exactly controversial. What may get me in trouble is that I think homosexual couples, unable to bear their own children, existed in the 150-member tribe to care for the orphaned children. Before the last couple hundred years, males were killed off in larger numbers in war and hunting, and females died in childbirth in substantial numbers.

I figure at least 5–8% of the population was needed to care for these orphans. My experience is that gay people are very empathic, often much kinder than non-gay people, and can be excellent caregivers when they choose to do so.

Culturally, we live in difficult and distorting times, I think we can agree. But gay people raising children can be a very good thing.

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on LGBT couples having children?
I think LGBTQ+ should be allowed to marry as long as churches are allowed to refuse service. I do think Gay couples should be allowed to adopt given they go through the same background checks as straight couples.

As long as they are caring, loving, and supportive parents I think Gay marriage is fine. The same criteria for care, love, and support do go for strait couples too.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.