Are You Straight?

Reaction score
What made you realize you were straight?
After ‘experimenting’ with both males and females and realizing that I could only fall in love with men. Ever since I can remember I was always a little confused about my sexuality until I was about 21. I was always interested in males for sure, but I was unsure about how I felt about females. When I was younger, I always considered myself Bisexual but never told anyone because I was unsure.

I’ve always enjoyed physical relationships with males and females but I don’t think that is what defines my sexuality. I think that who I can fall in love with defines my sexuality.

I had experience with emotional relationships with males since I was 16 but wanted to try having one with a female. At 19 I had my first emotional relationship with a woman and a few more after that. After those relationships, I realized that I could never fall in love with women. My feeling toward women was more like physical infatuation than love.
So, I’ve only stuck to men for emotional relationships since then. I think if anyone is curious about their sexuality, the only way to know for sure is to experiment.​

Reaction score
I never questioned my sexuality, and that is how I know straight/gay is not a choice. Women look attractive to me, men do not.

I’ll take it even further. Can you explain why certain women seem prettier to you? When I was a kid and a teenager, my friends and I would sometimes argue over which girls were prettier than others. Different people are attracted to different types.

Why do you like certain sexual activities more than others? There are just certain things that are wired into our brains that make us unique.

I don’t mean it as an insult, but I honestly believe that anyone who thinks being gay is a choice is either gay or bisexual.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.