Come out as a lesbian!

Reaction score
How can I come out as a lesbian to my family?
Life is too short to hide who you truly are, I am Bisexual and around the age of 23, I finally accepted who I am. You will be miserable my dear if you don't come to terms with who you are and tell your family that you have accepted yourself and hope they can come to peace with who you are.

For years I thought I had to have sex with men and behave in a way that put their needs paramount to mine and then I made love with a woman whom I had a deep crush on since my teens and I've never looked back since! I am with a man atm who isn't sure he understands or accepts my bisexuality but he truly is devoted to me and thanks to the amazing, magnetic women I've been with, they have taught me how to put my needs equally with his and I have such intense love making because I use him for my pleasure whilst thinking of his too and it truly blows his mind, miss the connection I have with women but I made a loyal choice and I'm happy, you must do the same and it starts with accepting yourself and having others you love come to accept who you are too! It will happen to you, don't deny it because you will suffer such unhappiness and confusion.

Reaction score
How can I come out as a lesbian to my family?​
Just tell them that’s who you are. There’s nothing you can do about it and there’s nothing they can do about it because there’s nothing no one can do about your sexuality. They will have to accept that sooner or later, and the sooner the better, I would say, because they would suffer less with the fact that they think it might be wrong or sinful.

And, just to remind you, even if they don’t accept it, you will have to. Be mature, be brave. If they don’t like it, that’s fine. It’s their problem. You will have to be a grown-up and understand that many people won’t like your sexuality. But that’s life, right? Don’t let these people bring you down. Learn to live with the fact that many people will hate you, disrespect you, discriminate you and even condemn you. I had to learn, and one day you will have to learn as well.​

Reaction score
How can I come out as a lesbian to my family?​
Coming out is a very personal experience. Come out when you feel ready, and, if you're a mother under your parents' care, make sure it is safe too. Come out when you feel comfortable, safe, and supported. If you feel more comfortable in person, sit the person down, and just talk about it, then open it up to questions, because they might have some, especially if you're one of the only queer people they know. If you don't feel comfortable talking about it in person, consider writing a text or email, a letter, or even over a phone call.

It also kind of depends on who you're coming out to. If it's a parent, I would take it a bit more seriously, especially if they don't know a lot about the lgbt+ community. If it's a close friend or sibling, you can have a bit more fun with it. Just read what kind of person you're going to be talking to, and how they might react, and plan accordingly. But also, keep in mind that you don't have to come out to anybody if you don't want to. Not coming out doesn't make your identity less valid. The whole thing is very personal, and if you don't want to put it all out for everybody, then you don't have to. You're allowed to just live your life liking girls.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck!​

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.