Coming out as LGBTQ+

Reaction score
What was the most exciting thing that happened to you coming out as LGBTQ+?
When I came out as bisexual to my family, I expected them to say something like, “oh, okay, well, I don’t care.” That’s what their initial reaction was, and that was exactly what I wanted since it offered me acceptance without smothering me. However, about a month after I came out, my mom still acted shy about it, and my dad never talked about it. Ever. Still, I continued to reference my being bisexual to normalize it. I wasn’t trying to push it on them; I just wanted everyone to be less awkward whenever it came up.

Anyway, my family usually talks about it after a few months. My older brother makes bi puns, and my younger brothers don’t think twice about gay relationships.

The most exciting thing that happened to me after I came out was how much it helped my family. When they talked about gay people in the past, they would probably say something like, “Yeah, he’s…you know…” **whispers** “gay….” Now they’d say something more natural like, “Yeah, he’s gay.” Talking about it improves the situation, and my coming out helped me and my family grow. So, I don’t regret coming out as bisexual…though I don’t think I could come out as genderqueer quite as quickly.

Reaction score
My mom telling me she loves me no matter what when I came out as a crossdresser.She knew this was me and happy this way

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.