Difference between Bisexual and Bicurious

Reaction score
Is there any difference?
Bisexuality is when someone is much more confident in themselves and their interests. When I say I'm bisexual, I'm telling you, straightforwardly and plainly, "I am sexually attracted to both men and women. I enjoy sex with both genders because I find both genders sexually attractive. I could enter a sexual relationship with either a man or a woman, and I would be sexually satisfied." in not so many words.

1673359236853.png
Bi-curiosity is when someone - usually a heterosexual person, but sometimes homosexual - is much less sure of their sexual interests. If someone tells you they're bi-curious, they're just saying, "I mean, I'm interested in maybe trying to have sex with the opposite gender than the one I'm sexually attracted to. I've never tried it, I might not like it, but I'm open to giving the experience a chance just in case I do." or something to that effect. The specifics of what that may entail, how interested the person is in indulging their curiosities, and whether or not it's merely a passing curiosity or genuine sexual openness depends wholly on the bi-curious person.

To sum it up, the difference between bisexual and bicurious is that bisexual people know that they are sexually attracted to both genders based on personal experience. Bicurious people are still maneuvering their way through their sexuality.

Reaction score
Bisexual individuals are sexually attracted to both or several different genders. Bi-curious is a colloquial term used for people, especially young people, who may be experimenting sexually with different genders, ultimately discovering if they are into one or several of them.

Most people who are “bi-curious” would fall under the bisexual spectrum, especially if they are genuinely interested in several genders, as sexuality may be somewhat fluid during puberty. Bi-curious people tend to be only testing the waters for the first time by accepting same-sex attraction, so they may appear more interested in opposite genders. Still, in reality, they might be pretty equal on both ends and just more familiar or open about their opposite gender interests - Especially if they’re from an area where that might not be generally accepted.
1673502517664.png
Please note that being attracted to one gender over the other in any percentage or capacity doesn’t make you any less bisexual, even if that attraction is heavy on those of the opposite gender. Being “bi-curious” isn’t sexuality in a traditional sense, so much as it is a descriptor for someone who goes through testing what one’s sexuality might be by going on dates or sleeping with or generally being open-minded about being with other genders.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.