Does God hate me?

Reaction score
Does God hate me because I’m gay?
God loves gay people.
  1. He created them, right? Why do that if he hates them?
  2. The rainbow is both the symbol of the gay movement and God’s covenant. He hasn’t stopped it being used, so he’s clearly okay with it.
  3. Those parts of America that are particularly anti-gay are those most prone to natural disasters such as earthquakes and tornadoes.

Reaction score
Does God hate me because I’m gay?
God is love. God loves everyone, even gay people. God loves Hitler and Stalin and it’s possible God even loves Trump. God created all people; he loves each and every one of them and instructs us to love everyone too. In fact, he specifically tells the Apostles to “Love one another as I have loved you.”: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.” (John 13:33–35).

Now to be sure, Jesus is telling you to love everyone. He doesn’t say in that passage that he loves gays. But in John 3:16, the verse you see at every football stadium, John says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that we might have eternal life”. But unlike what the Republicans will tell you, the Gospel doesn’t mean that God loves everyone but Blacks and Gays.

God made everyone. God does not make mistakes. God loves everyone. You’re supposed to love them also.

Reaction score
He certainly does not hate gay people, in fact, the opposite is true, He loves gay people.

What might be a problem is the behavior of the person. It’s peculiar that some people think if they are ‘gay’ then any sexual behavior is ok. I don’t agree with that. If a person is promiscuous, they are promiscuous even if they are gay. If a person is engaging in sodomy, it is as against God’s will for a gay person as someone who is not gay.

That’s about as far as I will go into this, except to say I believe many religious people have stricken a condemning tone against all ‘gay’ people without regard to their behavior, and that is patently wrong. ‘Who are they to judge?” to paraphrase Pope Francis.

So, being gay and also staying in a good relationship with God presents some unique challenges, but non-gay persons have their own set of problems to contend with, just different. It is in fact ‘doable’.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.