Does sexuality change constantly?

Reaction score
Why does sexuality change constantly?
As others have said, a person’s sexuality doesn’t really change. If you really are straight, you will always be straight. If at some point in your life you become bisexual, then the fact is that you were never really straight, to begin with.

Many people only discover their true sexuality as they grow older. That is not to say they have changed; it only means it took them a while to realize their true sexuality.

I had M2M sexual encounters when I was in my 20s and then lived a completely straight life until I became single in my late 40s. It’s not that I changed from being bisexual to being straight. I just ended up getting married and as a faithful husband, I was never willing to cheat on my wife, regardless of whether it was another woman or a man. Cheating is still cheating.

Silly me I guess because my ex-wife ended up cheating on me, hence the reason for the marriage ending. Being single again, I can now do as I please. I have made no attempts at finding other bi men but one just happened to come my way. We are not in love with each other; we are just two very horny guys who are comfortable enough with our sexuality to be able to enjoy one another. I have my life and he has his. We meet regularly; we have great fun together, and then we part ways.

So, there you have it. On the surface, it would seem like my sexuality has changed once or twice in my life, but in fact, it did not. Only my circumstances changed.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Reaction score
If you are a very young person, that is not uncommon. Sometimes things take a while to settle into a regular pattern. If you are older and this has been going on for quite a while, you may just be one of those rare people with a fluid pattern or sexual orientation. This does happen with some bi or pansexual people; their level of attraction to different genders changes over time. It’s nothing to be worried about, but it does present certain challenges in terms of carrying on relationships with one person. Look up some resources for fluid sexuality.​

Reaction score
Why does sexuality change constantly?
I’m not sure what you mean by “constantly”. If this is something that really worries you, you might want to go to a doctor. Get checked out and make sure there is no medical problem (hormones? other imbalance?) that might be causing these feelings.

Any help/advice we could give you would be based on your meaning of ‘constantly” and also how old you are. It is not unusual to be confused or have questions about your sexuality while in your teen years and into your 20s.

It might help if you go see a licensed therapist and talk to them about your feelings and what you are going through. They can help you come up with strategies for dealing with feelings and also help you feel clearer about what is going on.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.