Ever sleep with a transgender?

Reaction score
Would a gay man sleep with a transgender man (FtM)?
As a gay man who was a bouncer in gay bars all over the country for ten years, I can tell you that “yes, a gay man will sleep with a Transgender Man.” I have a few Gay Men as friends who were born female and they have very healthy sex lives.

Myself, I have never had the experience but I am attracted to a certain type of masculine energy that comes from a person and how they handle and carry themselves that I find sexy. Also, there is a sort of depth of intellect and wisdom that comes from individuals who are transgender. Trans people are extremely resilient, honest, and highly empathetic towards others. I'm positive these gifts come from having traveled down the road searching for the most authentic versions of themselves and finding happiness once there that teaches them this.

Reaction score
Depends. Trans men are not just like cis men. There are physical differences, which is the reason the word “trans” is included. If the gay man requires that his partner have a penis and the trans man hasn't had sex assignment surgery, that would be a deal breaker. If the gay man is grossed out by even the thought of a vagina, and the trans man has one, that's another deal breaker. If the gay man doesn't require his partner to have a penis or is fine with the trans man having a vagina, or if the trans man actually has a penis, then it's all good for the sex if they're attracted to each other and they want that to happen.

Reaction score
Short answer: It depends on the gay man. Also, I'm assuming we're talking about cis (non-transgender) gay men in this instance.

Long answer:
It depends on the gay cis man because just knowing there is a vagina present on someone's body is enough to turn off some cis men who are exclusively attracted to men. Some transgender men have had some type of genital surgery and no longer have functional vaginas, but that doesn't guarantee a gay cis man will decide to sleep with them.

Whether a gay man will sleep with a transgender man depends on his personal comfort zone when it comes to his choice of sex partners. Without a doubt, it's possible to have anal sex with someone without dealing with or touching that person's genitals. It's also possible to have anal sex with someone without seeing their vagina or penis. That's something two people can get around if the person penetrating the trans person doesn't want to deal with a vagina or penis.

The vagina or penis on the person being penetrated can even be covered up to make it extra unlikely that the genitals are seen if both parties are okay with that.

However, those facts will generally not make much difference for someone who is turned off by the idea of a vagina being present. Or, for that matter, someone who likes using penises for something too much to go without one on a partner. Or someone who needs the visual of a penis being there in front of a person.

A male who prefers to penetrate and prioritizes tightness and adventurousness over the presence of a penis may enjoy something about a trans man who "bottoms" and is into anal sex. There is something only someone with a vagina can do to make anal sex feel even tighter or more interesting. I will leave it at that because this post is not on that topic.

As a gay trans man, I respect that some men have an aversion to vaginas - even if those vaginas are not being used for anything. I've encountered multiple men who seem to see a vagina on a man as a "deal breaker" and I understand it's nothing personal.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.