Gay and Not gay!

Reaction score
How can someone be gay if they have a twin who is not gay?
In the same way, twins can be born where one is Type 1 diabetic and the other isn't (I know 2 pairs of identical twins where this is the case).
Genetics is more complicated than we can grasp and is only one part of how someone ends up with one sexual orientation or another. Hormonal exposure is another, both in the womb and likely during childhood and puberty. And we simply don't know everything else that affects something so intricate.

We can't even be sure why my hair was blonde as a child but is now brown, and that is a pretty simple thing in comparison!

Reaction score
Because even identical twins have biological variations. For example, in some twins, one may have a mental condition like schizophrenia, and the other may be neurotypical. I have no idea what you mean by "feminizing" in the womb because being gay does not automatically make one feminine.

Reaction score
How can someone be gay if they have a twin who is not gay?
Identical twins still have differences - and it is possible that one could be gay and the other not gay. As far as the facts, so far in theory and no one has actual proof as to what causes our sexual preferences - it is established as early as 5-8 years of age - and is either noticed, ignored, or oppressed if our caretakers decide for their own reasons, including religion that it is not what they want.

Science and biologists all have various theories - but no solid proof. I wish someone would spend as much time researching why we hate or even why we are gay and not be concerned with trying to tell people who they should love and how they should love them - esp. when it causes no harm to anyone.

Reaction score
There are theories of course, but we have yet to find a certain answer. I just wanted to put my outlook out there. I believe that sexual orientation is developed throughout our childhood, however, once it's been developed, it can't be changed. Throughout the world, there are different standards for attractiveness, so people around the world grow up learning what it is they should be attracted to. However, even though these twins may have grown up in the same environment, with the same standards, they may not see the same thing. You can look at their vision as an art gallery. When you and a friend stand in front of an abstract painting, you will likely have different interpretations. The twins will also internalize and experience their life in the same way.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.