Hormone levels!

Reaction score
Mostly no. You can’t give more testosterone to a gay man to make him straight or more estrogen to a lesbian for the same.

What isn’t as clear is whether there’s a role for hormones in changing orientation for some trans people who transition with HRT. I don’t think there’s a researched answer, but I haven’t searched for the answer.

Reaction score
Does sexual orientation have anything to do with hormone levels?
There are ongoing studies in families with more than a normal amount of LGBT family members, especially if it is reflected in multiple generations looking for evidence of “a gay gene". So far, I have not heard that it was found. But I have not heard that theory is wrong.

Same with hormone levels in the body. No linking hormone levels with orientation.

Reaction score
I feel like there is a connection. There is something with the length of your index finger and ring finger that indicates the number of hormones (testosterone in particular) you got in the womb.

If your index is shorter than your ring finger you were exposed to more testosterone. The other way around is that when your index is longer you are exposed to less testosterone.

There is this myth that women with a longer ring finger are lesbians and that men with longer index fingers are gay. I’ve read that for the lesbian part, it is in a lot of cases true but for the gay men, the connection isn’t as reliable in a lot of cases.

These are things that I have looked up online because I am personally trying to figure out my sexuality. I think I may be a lesbian and my ring finger is longer than my index finger. I cannot be sure of the connection and if you’re interested in this topic, I suggest you research it further online and make up your mind about it.

But like the other person already said, hormones will not change your sexuality later on in life.

Reaction score
For me, my orientation does not seem to have changed. Never enjoyed the company of men…too much most of the time. The women I am surrounded by, are easier to communicate with and do not override me with the masculine desire to try and “fix” me.

Because of this difference, I have always felt attracted to women primarily. I enjoy day-long forays into holding each other, cuddling, and sensual touch way more than the thought of coitus. I am happy if that never happens just feeling love flow between my partner and me.

I have been with a few men and learned quickly why a fair number of women are simply not interested in them. Nothing wrong with them, far from it…just not right for me when it comes to intimacy.

HRT does not seem to have changed this; it only solidified my orientation. It feels like the further I get away from males in my life, the more natural everything feels.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.