How did you meet your partner?

Reaction score
How did you meet your LGBT partner? I can't cope with online dating sites.​
I'm a gay man and married to my husband for the past twenty years. We never went to bars or clubs, those places tend to be extremely unwelcoming to Un fabulous, conventionally masculine men. I felt neutral about online dating apps but decided to give one a try. Took a decent face pic and wrote an honest self-description. The guy who answered also had a face pic, and was my next-door neighbor. We have been together ever since and legally married once it was permitted.

Maybe this doesn't work for everyone, but I think it can be smart to zig when everyone else zags. A hookup app with ten million proctological shots of faceless genitals and solicitations for pump and dump? Fine. Check out my friendly face pic, and my profile text which studiously avoids all reductionist terms, and talks honestly of romance and spending time with family, doing volunteer work on Saturdays, and how the grass smells at Fenway Park during the opening game.

In the past before online dating, I simply walked up to guys I liked and said hi. Sometimes they were straight and said no thanks. Other times they were gay and said no thanks. Most often they were straight, thought about it a minute, and said OKAY!​

Reaction score
I am bisexual and polyamorous. I currently have a wife and two girlfriends. No boyfriends at the moment, but I am not averse to the idea.

I met my wife at a bar while we were both stationed in Italy.

I met my first girlfriend through a dating website. I met my second girlfriend at a kinky Camp when she was in desperate need of a good hug. Somewhat ironically, I did meet her before I met my first girlfriend.

As you might see, LGBTQ folks meet people in the same ways that straight people meet each other.

This might be something of a revelation, but LGBTQ people are pretty much just like everybody else. Most of us are good people, some are assholes. Some of us are comfortable with who we are, some are not. Some of us are religious, some are not. If you saw me walking down the street on an average day, you would have no idea that I am queer.

Reaction score
My significant other is a genetic woman. She found ME on a transgender dating site and made her introduction. I was so flattered. She had had too many hurtful relationships and preferred someone feminine in her life. It’s our 8th month together now. We’re so happy.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.