How has LGBTQ influenced Fashion?

Reaction score
From the little that I know, the LGBTQ+ community has heavily impacted modern trends. The first thing that comes to mind is makeup. Baking, heavy contour, and overlined lips all have roots in drag makeup. Drag queens use these techniques to change the shape of their faces, make the makeup hold against stage lights and withstand any on-stage theatrics.
Somehow, those techniques have been adapted for everyday make-up for everyday people. Also, as RuPaul’s Drag Race has become an ‘internet sensation’ for many, many of the queens who come and go (RuPaul herself included) have made many iconic looks. Famous queens like Aquaria and Violet went to The Met Gala, an event that sets off all trends each year in NYC.
I’m not super knowledgeable on the subject, but I do know that there are other influences as well. I hope this helps!

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.