How to recognise transgender?

Reaction score
Some people believe that you are only and exactly born the gender that you are. They are entitled to that philosophy just as those who believe otherwise. If you only want to be with a person who is born of a specific gender, this is a very important question, as some people aren’t forthcoming to let you know that they are trans. Not telling someone about your past, gender-born history is a horrible way to start off a relationship with someone; it’s very deceitful.

People who believe that gender is determined at birth, shouldn’t be duped into gay relations when they don’t want to be a homosexual. There are plenty of naturally born women for them to choose from to be in a heterosexual relationship with.

I really don’t believe that most people are opposed to anyone’s human rights, but to con people into something opposed to what they believe or want to choose is just wrong.

As far as being able to know, there really are some who have had near undetectable transitions. I have found that if a person is born male, there will be at least 1 male characteristic present. They can’t get rid of all of them. Hands, feet, long torso, stubble, mandible, body odor, Adam’s apple, voice, back arch, childhood pictures, &/or birth certificate.

Someone’s preference does not make them homophobic, a gay hater, or in opposition to gay rights. It gives them the right to exercise choice. I wish everyone the best who reads this.

Reactions: Honeyclover
Reaction score
How can you know if someone is transgender?
There are some ways in which it is possible to make a guess if someone is trans or not. A broader jaw, more muscles, their height, broader shoulders.

Possibly poorly-applied makeup, a slightly off-putting dress sense, or possibly the condition of their hair. The way they walk in heels, the tone of their voice, or the condition of their skin.

The curve of their hips, or the size of their breasts, or if they have any facial hair. If they have a penis or a vagina. These are all possible clues that someone might be trans.

But there is no definite answer I can give you beyond this because both cis and trans women can and do have all of these features, or none of them. The presence of these factors, or lack of them, is a pointer, but not a guarantee. The best way to know is to ask someone.

Of course, your question also has another problem that I’d go amiss to address. You ask, “is there a way to tell if someone is trans,” and then say, “it can be hard to tell if someone appearing feminine, is, in fact, female,” and this heavily implies that trans women aren’t actually female.

I suggest you think long and hard about your views on transwomen, transmen, and the LGBT community in general, because trans women are just as many women as cis women, and thinking like yours is dangerous and regressive. We are real, and we are women.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.