HRT on the Body!

Reaction score
The list of possible effects depends on what hormones are being administered. Everyone is unique in their HRT treatment plan, or at least they should be. There is no one size fits all protocol for HRT.

Before beginning HRT, you should have a comprehensive lab drawn. Looking at all 33 hormones, metabolic and cardiovascular panels, plus an NMR lipid profile to understand your cholesterol pattern, is a necessary first step before beginning any hormone replacement therapy. Hormones administered without proper lab work and screening typically lead to a greater chance of side effects and a higher risk of complications.

If you can give some more details about your question, I can give you an answer closer to your specific needs.

Reaction score
One of the effects that surprised me when I started taking estrogen and spironolactone was how my sense of smell changed. Things that smelled and tasted good smelled and tasted so much better. The smells I didn’t like much before are intolerable to me now.
Transgender male friends tell me that testosterone has had the opposite effect on them. Smells and tastes are dull for them, blander.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.