Hypnosis!

Reaction score
No. Psychiatrists and psychologists have been trying to change gender identity for trans people with every experimental technique as long as the professions existed (and some are still trying). And no viable technique has ever been shown to work.

That’s why, slowly, over time, the transition became the route of treatment.

If you could “fix” being trans with a few sessions with the hypnotherapist, very few trans people would upend their lives, lose their families, lose spouses, lose their friends, lose their jobs, risk public taunting, spend hundreds of hours getting extremely painful electrolysis, and spend tens of thousands of dollars on surgery to transition.​

Reaction score
Can hypnosis change gender identity?​
The simple answer is yes. Hypnosis can be used to neutralize and replace gender dysphoria or to help a client become more comfortable with their given or chosen gender.

It is difficult to imagine a client coming in to ask for such a service; however, once asked for the work can be done. The client can be reprogrammed to act and think like any gender by picking appropriate models. The dysphoria can be treated as an amalgamation of traumatic experiences with ISE and SSE which can each be resolved using hypnosis and NLP techniques.

This is highly dependent on your client’s request. And it may be more difficult for some than others as sometimes clients ask for results that they are already opposing.

In my practice, I had the case of a homosexual who was in a heterosexual marriage and had experienced erectile dysfunction. Of course, when he came in, he asked to “fix” homosexuality; however, a short therapeutic conversation lead to a similar alternate goal of being able to consummate the marriage.​

Reaction score
Can hypnosis change gender identity?
In my experience, hypnosis can produce results that on the surface can appear to be gender dysphoria. I am not convinced (yet) that this is what it is though. Hypnosis can be used to “invert” an “erotic target locator”, i.e. to create a desire to become the object of one’s desire. So, if the person is, for example, a heterosexual male, it can create a desire for that male to become the female they desire. I am not sure if the tests for gender dysphoria would be such that this phenomenon could be diagnosed as dysphoria.

I am not sure if this is answering your question, but it hopefully sheds some light on the subject.​

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.