Identify Queer

Reaction score
How do identify queer people?
Firstly, I don’t mind the use of the word ‘queer’ to describe LGBT+ people, however, I like it as an adjective. I am a queer person. Not a queer.

Don’t dehumanize me.

Secondly, short of them actually telling you (which I’ve already done, and am going to do again), you can’t identify a queer person. There’s no sure way.

But yeah, I’m queer. I’m gay, to be precise.

And I really enjoy making internet homophobes squirm as they question their own sexuality.

Reaction score
Since every legitimate study I’ve ever seen says that the majority of homophobes are in denial of their own feelings, even to themselves, the fact that you’re asking this question probably tells us more about you than you really wanted to admit.

But as others have said, “queer” isn’t a noun - it’s an adjective. So if you really want to know how to identify a “queer person”, unless they voluntarily tell you, there isn’t a way. BTW - I use the word “voluntarily” because it’s really none of your business.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.