LGBTQ+ should teach in school?

Reaction score
Should LGBTQ history/topic be taught in public schools? Why or why not?

Reaction score
Absolutely. 100% yes.

Young people need to feel validation and need to relate to people like them if they want to have a healthy mental growth. They need to find models that they can look up, models like them, and they need to know that they are normal, understood and accepted.

Where I grew, it was not perfect, but I am happy that professors could talk about these subjects without backlash. We grew with the idea that there were peoples of all sexual orientation.

They were also a lot of gay peoples in our local star system, at tv and in movies. It really helped me become in terms with it.

I consider myself lucky, and I hope every other peoples will be able to have these kinds of discussion without filters, like we had.

Reactions: DebMonts
Reaction score
I think it should be essential in schools because:

•It would help queer people understand themselves more and understand that their orientation and identity is valid and that they are just as important as everyone else

•It would reduce homophobia and transphobia because learning about these topics would help people to love and appreciate all people across the spectrum

• It would promote equality in the classroom by including all sexuality and identities into the topics rather than just cisgender straight people

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.