Mock the concept!

Reaction score
Why do many people mock the concept of gender identity?
Most people (at least the people I know) have no problem accepting anyone in the LGBTQ community. The problem is when people need to “come out” over every minor gender nonconformity. Not every gender-related issue requires “coming out” to everyone you know. I have no problem addressing people by their preferred pronouns or names they prefer to be called.

1674912631340.png

That being said, if you happen to switch preferred pronouns or names on a daily or even weekly basis, be prepared for me not to be keeping track of that. I don’t remember what I was doing ten minutes ago half the time because I have way too much going on as it is. Shit, I have to pause and think about my basic information most of the time. If you seriously expect me to know just by looking at you whether you’re Isabella or Adam this afternoon, you have lost your mind. You’re lucky if I remember even one of your names, never mind two.

As for your sexuality, I don’t give a shit. As long as you aren’t impregnating me, I don’t care. I prefer not to know. I don’t run around telling everyone my sexual preferences; please don’t tell me yours.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.