My Lesbian Friend!

Reaction score
Regular girly stuff. Just like you talk to other girls. In a normal way. Say hello, talk about your day, about your hobbies, about your future holiday plans, about clothing/shoes/ makeup, about the guy/ girl you are seeing. Basically, whatever you talk with any other girl.

I am a straight person and I was clueless about this as well. But about 2 years back I became friends with a girl in my neighborhood… sometimes we walk our dogs together. I didn’t know that she is gay in the beginning. But then she introduced me to her partner one day. And then I realized how normal it is.

I was slightly surprised honestly but nothing changed. They both are wonderful people to have a chat with or walk with. We have become good friends.

First, she is a girl. Her sexual orientation should never be an issue in your friendship.

All the best!

Reaction score
Talk to her exactly as you would a straight friend. Just as a straight friend might casually mention her boyfriend, she might just as casually mention her girlfriend. If she wants to talk to you about things specifically related to her being a lesbian, then listen, be supportive, and just talk to her as a friend.

Reaction score
How can I talk with a lesbian friend properly?
I am not 100% sure what you mean by properly but I think your mean in a nice friendly/supportive manner. yes, it is true that if you are straight and unless you have seen it happening, it is kind of hard to appreciate how difficult coming to terms with the realization that default setting is not really for you and/or coming out can be. Around that time or topic, yeah sure, it won’t hurt to be on the sensitive side.

But really if we look at it from another angle you are not going to talk to me based on if I have more of a thing for a certain type of woman. Neither the type of dude your straight women friend is attracted to is not the driving force that will govern how your approach conversation with them. So really why would the fact that your friend is attracted to women have more bearing on how you talk to her?

In my experience, talk to her like you would any other person, fundamentally that is what she is and it is kind of the best way to show her who you think she is. Besides you know if she is already your friend then you very probably already talking to her “properly”.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.