Roaccutane

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I see this in the news again. Its an anti-acne treatment that allegedly causes suicides. When I was on it, it "saved my life"
My acne was awful and depressing, it sorted it out. I never felt suicidal on it

Reaction score
What!!!
I am not aware of any anti-acne treatment that has been scientifically proven to cause suicides. Isotretinoin (commonly known as Accutane) is a prescription medication used to treat severe acne, and it has been associated with an increased risk of depression and suicidal thoughts in some people. However, it is important to note that this risk is relatively low, and the vast majority of people who take isotretinoin do not experience these side effects.

If you are concerned about the potential risks of isotretinoin or any other medication, it is important to talk to your doctor or a mental health professional. They can help you weigh the potential benefits and risks of the treatment, and provide you with resources and support to manage any side effects that you may experience.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.