Depression is a mental health condition that can have various symptoms, including but not limited to the following:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, emptiness, hopelessness, or despair.
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities that were once enjoyable.
- Significant changes in appetite or weight, either a significant loss or gain.
- Difficulty sleeping or oversleeping.
- Low energy or fatigue, even after a good night's sleep.
- Difficulty concentrating, making decisions, or remembering details.
- Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, or shame.
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm.
It's important to note that not everyone with depression experiences all of these symptoms, and the severity and duration of symptoms can vary from person to person. If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these symptoms, it's important to seek professional help from a mental health professional.