Stinks of being Queer?

Reaction score
Nothing. Nothing at all. But that is not the answer you are looking for. You want answers like being bullied as a kid, being ostracized by your family when you came out, being fired for being gay etc. But, IMHO, those are not things that suck about being queer. Those are things that suck about people reacting to your queerness.
1674365526619.png
I’ve been queer for a long time. I had a career in the USAF; I met my spouse of 24 years, I gained a family that accepts him and me, and I worked ten years for the USN MWRS (sailors are hot); we are financially healthy and on and on and on. Tons of good things have happened to me despite or because I am queer.

Reaction score
The most complex parts are realizing who you are and then coming out. After doing this, you’ll feel pride and relief that you can be who you are and stop hiding. I lived in a homophobic area with a just as homophobic family, so coming out was very hard; after I grew up in a very accepting friend group, I couldn’t be happier to flaunt who I am and am glad to be a part of this community.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.