The Creativity of a Gay!

Reaction score
Speaking as a gay, left-handed Jew, I’ve found that (a) I’m aware of things most people take for granted (Most tools are designed for right-handed people! Jews think of a “day” as running from sunset to sunset, rather than sunrise to sunrise!) and (b) I’ve had to develop all sorts of “coping strategies” for living in a predominantly straight, Christian society. (How often have you had to explain that your “spouse” is also a man?)

I have to be creative, and I see places to be creative that most folks overlook. But it’s not because I’m gay; I’m more of an outsider. That’s true of every minority in every community.

Reaction score
Maybe, accepting ourselves as homosexuals take more time and energy than heterosexuals. I mean, not every parent would shout out to every stranger that they wish their kids is gay. Even without the parent's issue, they still have to face the social perception and learn that some countries punish people for being gay.

And as we focus on figuring out our sexual orientation, it will stimulate the spot where creativity is generated. But then again, no evidence can show this mechanism's cause and effect.

Whether you're straight or gay, we're just human beings with mountains to climb. Creativity is not something you can pick up out of nowhere; it's an art that needs you to learn from your mistakes, new knowledge, learns to appreciate little things, etc.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.