What are the LGBTQ community’s values?

Reaction score
Do you admit that you are part of the LGBTQ community? And should a Queer person be part of that community?

Reactions: Gab19
Reaction score
Do you admit that you are part of the LGBTQ community? And should a Queer person be part of that community?
Well, the ‘community’ is not a community in the sense of a family, church, team, etc. We are a series of individuals, each with their values. These values may or may not align with others in the same subset of the ‘community’ and probably do not align as well with other subsets within the LGBTQ+ community. For example, my values as a gay may or may not be the same as a trans person’s. I am gay and probably part of a smaller subset of the LGBTQ+ community.

We are more of a movement seeking end goals of equality, peace, harmony, acceptance, and respect.

Reactions: Lost_cute_dude
Reaction score
I indeed admit that I am LGBTQ. I am gay. But you might have a misunderstanding about the word “community” here. The word is commonly used as an umbrella term to denote types of people, voter trends, and things like that. It’s not people who live close to each other and/or are acquainted with each other.

In other words, even though I am part of the LGBT community, I don’t have any offline LGBTQ friends and only a few acquaintances. And our local LGBTQ centre is not near my house, so I’ve only been there 3 or 4 times.

I’ve only met trans people (in person) twice in my life that I know of. Most of my LGBTQ acquaintances have been lesbian.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.