What if you had a gay son?

Reaction score
I don’t care who my sons love. I care that they find someone they love unconditionally and who loves them back unconditionally. I care that they’re loving, compassionate men who respect the rights of others, who stand against hatred and bigotry, and who work to make the world a better, kinder, more inclusive place.

I care that they’re courteous men who view it as their moral duty to protect those who cannot defend themselves. I care that they’re courageous men who aren’t afraid to stand up to bullies and bigots.

I care that they’re educated and skilled men with a good work ethic who can support themselves and positively contribute to society. None of those things I want for my sons is dependent on heteronormativity.

Reaction score
What did or would you do if you discovered your child was gay?
I'd say, "Hey, son, let's take in a baseball game! Bring your boyfriend. One of you two can be the designated driver because I'm having a couple of beers. I'll buy the tickets."

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.