What makes a good first date?

CRW

Reaction score
Im curious to know what everyone's opinion is on what makes a great first date so that you can continue seeing this person.

Reactions: Xulian
Reaction score
Im curious to know what everyone's opinion is on what makes a great first date so that you can continue seeing this person.
I was in 11th grade, and I wasn’t allowed to go out at night for any purpose whatsoever- let alone dates. And this, he knew. He also knew that I’d get free from my coaching class at sharp 7 in the evening, and he’d have precisely an hour and a half before I’d have to be home. So at 7:30 sharp, he met me near his house and sneakily took me to the terrace. On the deck was a table sort of a thing, on top of which there was a chocolate, a ring and a candle. I realized that sometime between me looking at the setup and appreciating it, he had started to play songs on his cellphone, to which he took my hand and made ‘us’ dance to it. After a while, we sat down near the water tank, looked at the stars, and talked. After a time, he kissed me on my neck and lips.

Reaction score
Like all great things, my perfect first date happened when I least expected it. After a six-month break in a relationship, during which even the thought of meeting someone new caused me mental discomfort, I decided that it was time to finally get out of my shell and start dating because if you don’t take the first step, the moment, when I'm ready again may never come. And here I am, dreamily and excitedly, fluttering around the room, stubbornly saying: “This is not a date, this is not a date! So, a trial step,” and butterflies fluttered in my stomach - such sweet and forgotten sensations!

At the meeting, when we first met, I, maintaining an internal mood, reached out my hand and gave the bewildered Italian "five", and the next few hours flew by like a dream. This date didn't have the traditional romantic trappings, but when he swapped his warm jacket with me and put on my coat, it was the best date of my life. In a small tobacco shop, standing in line, we danced to Frank Sinatra and made our way back to the car in an embrace - I was in a quilted men's jacket with fur, and he was in a fitted women's coat. And on this very day, February 14, we meet in the morning together at the foot of the Alps, happy and in love.

Reactions: CRW

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.