Why Concerned?

Reaction score
It depends. Some people are genuine transphobes who dislike them for religious or moral reasons. Some people don’t believe gender dysphoria is a real thing. In that case, yes, it is wrong. Trans people have genuine issues and we have to make sure we can accommodate them as much as we can.

However, a lot of the concerns labeled as “transphobia” are actually valid. There is a push to stigmatize any opinion that transwomen or transmen aren’t just as many women and men as actual biological males and females. Let’s face it, many do have dysphoria, but that doesn’t make you a biological male. If biological sex and gender are two different things, biological sex is far more important in determining whether you’re a man or woman.

Now we have people here calling it transphobic if you lose attraction to a person after you find out they’re trans. You have biological males being sent to compete with females in sporting events. And then there’s the video that was going around a while back of that biological male attempting to breastfeed a newborn, actually letting the baby suckle on a male nipple. Now, you have people refusing to “assign a gender” to their kids and bringing them up “gender neutral” in a way that risks giving them serious issues later on. Now, kids under 18 are being allowed to transition despite the fact that many people grow out of what they think is dysphoria. But apparently letting kids make life-changing decisions and modifying their bodies beyond what medicine can reverse at the moment is perfectly fine. Any decision to transition should be handled with extreme caution. Of course, there are genuine cases but it needs to be a careful process. Apparently, though, we need to just take confused teens at their word automatically.

You’re expected to go along with all of this and treat it as if it’s perfectly normal. It’s not. This is not OK. We should treat transwomen as actual women and transmen as actual men in their day-to-day lives, call them by the pronouns of their preferred gender, and generally respect their identity. But it’s not transphobic to understand that there’s a limit. They are biologically the sex they were born that and there need to be some lines drawn. No, you are not transphobic if you refuse to date a trans person because you don’t want to date a biological man/woman. Kids should not be told they aren’t boys or girls. We should watch for the rare cases of dysphoria and act accordingly but the vast majority of children don’t need to be brought up confused. If you make the transition, you now have an unfair advantage over females and an unfair disadvantage against males, you shouldn’t compete in professional sporting events unless it’s a separate trans league. Sorry but not everyone gets to compete in sports, just as people born with physical disabilities don’t, sometimes you just simply don’t make the cut. Yes, it sucks, but it also sucked for the rightful holder of the Gold Medal which Laurel Hubbard unfairly won.

Maybe one day, science will find a cure for dysphoria so you can live as the biological sex you were born as and even ways to actually make you the biological sex you want to be if that’s what you want. Great. Until then, sorry, we should accommodate transgender people as much as possible but we need to stop pretending that there is no difference between trans and biological.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Why are some people so concerned with transgender people?
You know, after reading several answers here, it seems to me that the issue is transgender people believing that the rest of us have a problem with them. It seems to me that “we” don’t have any issues.

For myself, I do have an issue with:
  • Demands that I pretend a man is actually a woman, or vice versa. A trans woman is not a woman, they are trans… biologically male.
  • Demands that I contort pronouns to suit what is, in essence, entirely in someone’s mind. I may choose to use your pronouns if I know you and interact with you socially, but are making laws forcing me to do that? Hell no!
  • Encouraging and facilitating children in this. In every other category, children are not legally allowed to make life-altering decisions, but some folk wants to help them “transition”? Again, hell no.
Here’s how this works. Does the phrase, “We hold these truths to be self-evident…” sound familiar?

That is all we need here. Do you want to live your life as the opposite gender? Have at it! But where do folk get the bizarre idea that it’s okay to override the rights of everyone around you? When I see a trans woman, I see a man who in some, or many ways, is trying to live like a woman.

That’s perfectly fine. They have no right, however, to force me to treat them like a woman! They aren’t a woman. They are a trans woman. It’s not the same thing. Not even close.

To be clear: I have no issue with others living whatever they wish. I only have an issue with them trying to force me to participate in their worldview. And I have an issue with mutilating children who any reasonable person would recognize as incapable of making such an important distinction about themselves. Stop trying to trample my freedoms, and I’ll tolerate your choices without complaint.

Reaction score
This is from a straight ally. I am concerned for transgender people for the same reason that I am concerned for gay people, bisexual people, and for my fellow straight people (sorry for any omissions. No offense or slight intended!). Because they are humans, and that is how they were made, and that is the life they are entitled to lead. I struggle to understand anyone who thinks differently!

Reaction score
Why are some people so concerned with transgender people?

Because those people are stuck in their own ways. And if they don’t learn how to adapt, they WON’T survive. Science even says that, and not even just science I feel like a lot of humans even KNOW that. I am not concerned with transgenders, I’m happy when they know what they are and not hiding it.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.