Why it is hard to be bisexual?

Reaction score
What is the hardest thing about being bisexual?
I want to point out that my opinions are my own and I do not represent any mass majority or certain individuals of the LBGT community except for me, myself, and I.

• Your partner gets a little worried when you go out drinking with members of the same sex. Despite having no attraction to them and in a relationship you wouldn’t otherwise ruin.
  • Guys think you’re going to hit on them despite being the most horrendous individual in the room and girls think you’ll help them with clothes shopping. A) not going to happen and B) do your own damn shopping.
  • I’ll go into the ‘bar’ and order a nice big fruity cocktail with the word ‘DICK’ sprawled out in hundreds and thousands on the side of the glass with my ‘girlfriends’. Nope, I’m going to be in the pub with a nice cold pint of cider with the guys.
  • I’m going to find every gay person I meet attractive and we’re going to do things. No. I’ve had friends all across the spectrum and only a few of those I found attractive.
  • Some people have said directly to my face that I am automatically cheating because of my sexuality. Fuck. Off.
  • One person who I get along with has a knack for telling everybody we meet, may not be straight away but sure enough, the sentence drops.
  • People automatically assume you’re some liberal college student with a middle-class background, fighting for the rights of a very small portion of society, riding unicorns, and dick-sucking nude in parades. No. I’m just a working-class guy in a small town who works in manual labor trying to get somewhere in life before I’m 30. I am neither conservative nor liberal. I am cut straight down the middle. No guns, legal immigration, gay rights, and better quality of life for the working masses.
  • I came out around 10 years ago. Do you know how many other people I knew were bisexual? Not gay, but bi…? Zero. Yet when I hit 16 everybody started going ‘I’m bi’ and after that became too popular out came the ‘gender sexual’. Wait I didn’t tell a soul in high school because of repercussions but suddenly it’s ok because that popular yet ‘I’m an outcast boo Hoo’ 13-year-old dyed her hair and went on Tumblr? Fuck. Off.
  • Your sister doesn’t believe you and is also ‘bi’ because she had a one-week 'relationship’ with a friend. Posing for selfies with your tongue between two fingers doesn’t make you gay it makes you an attention degenerate.
  • Your mother is catholic and ignores it, and you actually prefer this approach. Because you yourself don’t even fucking care. It’s not ‘special’ it’s not ‘unique’, it’s just a part of you. Stop making such a big fucking deal out of it.
  • ‘Biphobia’? Fuck off. Stop categorizing people if a statement is made against people who are somewhat or entirely homosexual it’s homophobia. Stop making stupid shit up.
  • I must have gone to university because gay guys don’t do manual labor factory jobs, they go to uni and prance about in spandex writing and drawing art and literature. I had the opportunity to go, I was going to do screenwriting. Christ thank God for that. Luckily, I declined and now I have experience in team management, machinery, and certificates in chemical training and food safety.
  • Companies want to know your sexual preference. They give you a form and occasionally the question asks ‘are you straight, gay, bi, other?’ How about you mind your own fucking business? The same goes for religion too. I asked a gay friend why they ask that one time and he said ‘so they know not to hire you. I still chuckle at that today.

Reaction score
Living with it can be pretty tricky. Thankfully the only hate I’ve gotten so far has been from my family. My friends, classmates, and teachers are all pretty supportive of me and haven’t given me any trouble.

It’s the whole ignorance of bisexuality that is a problem. I have gay uncles and aunts and my brother is also gay so you’d think that I would have the best family circumstance. Bisexuality is often used as a stepping stone before people become fully out as gay so it is disregarded and people think those who are bi are ‘confused’ or that they will ‘pick a side. Additionally, you have the whole ‘it’s only a phase’ and ‘how can you know you are so young/ you have never had sex’ things going on.

So many people see bisexuality and don’t name it. Too many bisexuals are either free-wheeling hippies who don’t like labels or confused millennials who want to be trendy. Biphobia is a very real thing and it exists in the LGBT community as well as the heterosexual community.

Reaction score
the fact that my parent cant look at me the same as i was and the fact that my friends who are girls are disgusted because they think im attracted to them

Reaction score
I agree that it is pretty tricky to be bisexual and lesbian, i think that the most appropriate way to keep yourself in one piece is to actually go to communities or maybe prides, it is a only place you can be well-received. For me it is a kinda a good places, where i can to be myself and openly go the streets under bisexual flags among other people. Maybe it is hard to be bisexual, but not to me. It is like to open your eyes wider than others

Last edited:
Reactions: tiana and iammeg
Reaction score
I agree that it is pretty tricky to be bisexual and lesbian, i think that the most appropriate way to keep yourself in one piece is to actually go to communities or maybe prides, it is a only place you can be well-received. For me it is a kinda a good places, where i can to be myself and openly go the streets under bisexual flags among other people. Maybe it is hard to be bisexual, but not to me. It is like to open your eyes wider than others
Right, living with it can be pretty tricky. Thankfully the only hate I’ve gotten so far has been with my family. My friends, classmates and teachers support me and haven’t given me any trouble.

It’s the complete ignorance of bisexuality that is a problem. I have gay uncles and aunts, and my brother is also gay, so you’d think I would have the best family circumstance. Bisexuality is often used as a stepping stone before people become fully out as gay, so it is disregarded, and people think those who are bi are ‘confused’ or that they will ‘pick a side’. Additionally, you have the whole ‘it’s only a phase’ and ‘how can you know you are so young/ you have never had sex’ things going on.

So many people see bisexuality and don’t name it. Too many bisexuals are either free-wheeling hippies who don’t like labels or confused millennials who want to be trendy. Biphobia is an authentic thing, and it exists in the LGBTQ and heterosexual communities.

Reactions: tiana

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.