Are you transgender, what do you want people to know about you?

Reaction score
I am a transgender man. This means I was born female and transitioned into a man. I’m a pretty normal guy. I have a college degree in animal health sciences and have worked as a veterinary technician/nurse for the past 12 years. I have 1 older sibling. The two of us are extremely close.

My parents are divorced. I’m semi-close to my mom and have a strained relationship with my dad and stepmom which we are currently in the process of patching up.

I’ve been together with my wife for the past 13 years, but have only been married since 2015 because it was illegal in America to get married before then. We have two cats and I just got a job promotion, so we’re excited to move to a larger apartment soon. We have future plans of buying a house and adopting a child. We’re excited to be parents one day.

Reaction score
Are you transgender, what do you want people to know about you?
My name is Edgy. I'm a trans dude. I named myself after the Pendulum song Axle Grinder. I'm intending to medically transition as soon as it is possible (that NHS waiting list is painfully long). And for the love of God, it's not a phase.

I'm not a tomboy. I don't ‘want to be a man, I am a man. I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm still a man. Me being trans doesn't change who I am fundamental; I still wear ridiculous boots and biker jackets, I'm still big into Transformers and electronic music, and I'm still that friend who'll sit in McDonald's with you for three hours just talking about life.

I'm a multi-faceted human being. I don't want my entire existence to be reduced down to a political statement, but that's, unfortunately, the case. It's exhausting. I'm a human person, and yet people zero in on that my name and pronouns don't match those on my birth certificate and that's all I am.

I want people to know me for me, and not just see my existence as some ‘left-wing bullshit'. Trans people have existed within society forever — I may be young, but my experiences are nothing new.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.