Date or Marry a Bisexual

Reaction score
Would you date or marry a bisexual woman?
My experience with bi girls has been awful involving: cheating, threesome propositions (I have nothing against FFM threesomes, but I don’t want men in my bed), and lies. But that doesn’t mean all bisexuals are like that. However, my ex-partners ruined it for me and now I’m a bit skeptical when it comes to dating bisexual women.

Reaction score
Well, I am a lesbian, and it happened that the girl I love is bisexual. I would date and marry her, but with a deep dark fear that I would never be enough, she would eventually crave the guys. I can tell from the research:
  1. you should have an open relationship
  2. she will eventually crave the guys
And this is awful because I don't want to have an open or poly relationship with her; I want to be monogamous with her. I cannot stop thinking about it because she's my priority, but I cannot tell if I am hers.

However, I would feel much more confident if she was a febfem (female exclusive bisexual female, which means you're bisexual but refuse to date men ideologically or for other reasons), but unfortunately, she isn't. What do I do? I googled “how to stop being biphobia” and cried.

I cannot tell exactly why it's so, but her attraction to men feels like a threat, while her attraction to women doesn't. Maybe it's social acceptance and the fact that finding a straight partner is easy; who knows?

In conclusion: I would date/marry a febfem with no fear and date/marry a bisexual woman, but really nervously and with jealousy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Certainly! I have. I have married two bi women.

The first marriage didn’t work out, but our sexual orientations had nothing to do with it. For that matter, most of the women I have dated in the seven years since I came out to have been bi.

Yes, I have had concerns that a bi-partner might leave me for the heterosexual privilege that being with a man can offer, but those concerns have been baseless.

I have lived polyamory for the last six years. My partners don't even need to leave me to be with someone else. Yet, my experience has taught me that, if relationships end, it is because of the people involved, not because of greener grass somewhere else.

Reaction score
Yes! I base my attraction more on personality and character than sexual orientation. In fact, I don’t really base my attraction on sexual orientation at all. So bisexual, pansexual, lesbian. It doesn’t really matter to me.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.