Happy, healthy relationship!

Reaction score
Can a lesbian and a bisexual woman have a happy, healthy relationship?
Of course, they can. Bisexuality means being attracted (sexually and/or romantically) to more than one gender. Anything else is personal, up to the personality.

So, it completely depends on the sort of people you're dealing with. If the lesbian is a cheater, it might not work out. If the bisexual is someone like Xiti who answered this question too, then it might not work out.

But for most bisexuals, their bisexuality means that they, when looking for a new partner, are able to look at more than one gender. That's it. For them, it doesn't mean that they constantly long for what they don't have.

I have been in a relationship with a man for almost 20 years. And I've been with my present partner, a woman, for a little over 4 years and I hope to grow very old with her. I love the person I am with, not because they're male or female or something in between or something else completely, but because they're who they are. The fact that they're the gender they are, doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Yes, I prefer vaginas and breasts over penises and hairy chests physically, but I can be madly in love and sexually attracted to either one of them nonetheless. Their gender just doesn't play that much of a role in it.

So yeah, I can be perfectly happy with AND faithful to a woman, and that goes for most bisexual women. There may be bisexual cheaters, but that's because they're cheaters, not because they're bisexual. My wife's first girlfriend was a lesbian and she cheated on her. Bisexuals are not more often cheaters than lesbian women.

Reaction score
Based on experience, that entirely depends on the couple. Often, lesbians anticipate that their bisexual partner will cheat on them thus subconsciously creating scenarios that eventually push their partner to someone who has less drama in their system (men). Another thing is promiscuous women hiding behind the label of bisexual.

To answer your question, yes. They can have a happy, healthy relationship as long as both are committed to the values that keep them together. Just like any other couple.

1662383091501.png

From experience, the only concern lesbians should have with bisexual women, are their personality and values. Learn about people beyond their labels. If you want a monogamous relationship, find out if the girl you are dating wants and values it too. If you can’t accept the fact that your girlfriend is attracted to the opposite sex and checks them out once in a while, you have two options, grow up or don’t date bisexuals. Your issue with her attraction and/or men is not hers to worry about. Don’t bother her with it.

Anyone can stray from a monogamous relationship; this is not exclusive to bisexuals. Lesbians can and do cheat their partners too. You have to understand that relationships, especially long-term ones, should go beyond labels, looks, status, and other shallow things.

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. I’m a lesbian dating a bisexual woman, and we are in a committed but open relationship (not polyamorous, though). We are both not monogamous.

This kind of arrangement isn’t for everyone, though, but it works well for us.

Because we are both non-monogamous by nature, are both kinky, and occasionally seek out different partners with the other half’s knowledge and consent, we constantly have a lot of communication and transparency going on.

I understand and accept that my girlfriend is attracted to both genders, and support her in getting her to fix with other partners (male or female), the same way she supports and is fine with me being with other partners (to have play sessions or with someone else who’s also my type… etc.)

We’ve been seeing each other for almost four years now with this arrangement and have not faced any problems with this area.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.