How to be a trans?

Reaction score
How does a person become transgender?
By being born.

No one really knows for sure what causes a particular person to be born gender incongruent, although there are a number of neurological features that point the way to some underlying causes. It is likely that there are several causes that produce similar effects, and that may interact with each other — just as there are several root causes of intersex conditions and several things that may trigger a person’s predisposition to suffer from some disease.

I think the word “predisposition” is important. When a child is born, they are incapable of expressing gender. They have rudimentary sex organs, but no awareness of being a “boy” or a “girl”. Only when they become aware of the differences does the possibility of gender incongruence start to emerge. Even then, it is unlikely that they are able to express the symptoms that they feel — particularly as society goes to such lengths to reinforce the perception that gender identity and genital sex are synonymous and immutable.

A major change happens when the child becomes aware that their genital sex points toward an apparently unchangeable destiny — that having a penis means they will grow up to be a “man”, and having a vulva means that they will grow up to be a “woman”.

Reaction score
A person is transgender, not transgendered. I am transgender, I don’t like it. I have not met a single person who likes it. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

First of all, I want to say that I do not like to be transgender. I am not ashamed; I was assigned the wrong body. It took me years to have the courage to start to transition. To be true to me. I am a woman; I always have been. I am now working to have the outside match who I really am.

1661951466397.png

WE DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE TRANSGENDER, BORN THIS WAY! Gender dysphoria is horrible. Ask yourself how you would feel if every day you lived in a body that doesn’t match who you are. If you look in the mirror and absolutely hate what you see.

So, I don’t see why anyone would like being transgender. Now if your question was more along the lines of why would a transgender person transition? That is different, the reason people (those who I know or I have read about) transition is they. NEED to, they cannot continue living in a physical body that doesn’t match who they are.

*Sorry for yelling, I see a lot of these types of questions. A lot of misinformation is important to express to try to combat the misinformation and anti-LGBTQ questions. I am not saying that the person asking is.

Reaction score
No one can become transgender. You are born with your gender identity intact, and most often this aligns perfectly with your physical being. However, sometimes it does not. And in those cases, a person is said to be transgender. At other points and human history, there have been different terms for this situation, and different levels of acceptance. But regardless of the culture, or regardless of the acceptance, as long as there have been human beings there have been transgender human beings.

Reaction score
There is no process, and transgender is no word anyway. Transgender is an adjective, and it needs a person, female/woman or male/man to it.

And one is born with this condition and does not decide to get it.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.