I love straight Girls!

Reaction score
I'm a lesbian who likes a straight girl. What should I do?
There is no way to magically get rid of having a crush on someone. It's the same no matter what your sexual preference is. The human attraction that inspires emotion does not, however, indicate you are meant to be with that person. Obviously, in your situation, it would be even more difficult for you to achieve.

Crushes occur when we see in someone a combination of several things we desire in a mate or want within ourselves. If you want to know a secret, I will give you a deeper understanding of what crushes are 99% of the time.

I don't know if you are familiar with dream analysis, but dreams are predominantly symbolic. People in our dreams often symbolize aspects of ourselves. In our dreams, when we are attracted to someone, what is really happening is that we want to develop or experience within ourselves what that person represents to us, by how they look, act, or the capabilities or skills they may possess.

When you have a crush on someone, they are expressing one or many very attractive traits that you wish to bring into balance or strengthen within yourself. You see it and say, "Yes! I love that. I want that!" But do you really understand what you are really loving and wanting? It may not be the person at all. It is good to remember that a crush in no way means that they would be good to have a relationship with.

When you think about the feelings you have when you are crushing on someone, you feel an attending desire, yearning for that 'person'. The thing is, there may be many other things about them that most likely wouldn't work well in a relationship. A crush is a wholly unrealistic picture of another person, a distorted caricature created out of multiple qualities we love. We put them all together in our own minds, and crush on the resulting image, or perception that we ourselves have created. What you are zero in on, is what YOU are attracted to out of all of the other things that make up who they are. You're crushing on your own mind portrait of them!

Reaction score
In my experience, dating or sleeping with straight/unsure girls usually ends in disaster. I always end up feeling like I’ve been a sexual experiment or a fork in the road, if that’s something you’re okay with, then sure, I’d give it a try. However, if you’re looking for something more meaningful, I think it’s unlikely that you’ll find it with this girl.

It’s probably not the answer you wanted, but based on my experience, I’m inclined to believe that it won’t go well. I’m sorry. I hope you’re able to find someone better suited soon.

Best of luck to you!

Reaction score
Depends. How well do you know her?

If she's a crush that you have never socially interacted with [which is the most likely scenario considering the "I think she is straight" comment] going up to her in a non-threatening manner in a public place and without invading her personal space [but standing tall and confident in your own self-worth] say something like" Hi my name is xxx, I have seen you about, you're really beautiful so I thought I would take the risk if you would like to get to know me here is my number [pass over a slip of paper] if not, well at least I'll know" then smile [this will make it clear you're interested but understand she probably will not feel the same way].

If she responds positively straight away, stays and talk to her, if not back away gracefully and give her time to think about it. If she responds negatively or rudely just shrug and say something like "that's OK! Sorry you feel that way". "That's fine, you don't get anything if you don't ask" or some other comment to show you harbor no anger because she isn't interested and walks AWAY! If you try engaging in defensive behavior, she will feel that you are just another jerk hitting on her who thinks she owes them something for having the nerve to talk to her.

Most importantly if she does say no, ACCEPT THAT! At least now you know! Do not then become some creepy stalker person who thinks hanging around will get her to change her mind, it won't, all it will do is confirm in her mind she made the right decision and might even end up with her thinking all lesbians do not take no for an answer.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.