Is it natural?

Reaction score
Yes, of course. Is it common? Not particularly, but much more than we used to assume.

The consensus of serious scientific and medical research is that gender identity (the heart of the transgender phenomenon) is biologically rooted in our prenatal development.

Most likely transgender variation will eventually be classified as a type of intersex condition. In any case, it is simply one of the countless variations in human development.

Reaction score
No, in nature there is no such thing as gender identity.

In nature gender is defined by roles like hunting, protecting, and childbearing. Society creates gender norms, and what we define as gender identity. Women do not naturally wear dresses and makeup. Men do not naturally wear pants and so on.

1661952653765.png

Society creates gender identity by traditions and beliefs. If a child grew up in the wild their role would be defined by their natural ability to survive, not how they act or dress.

Women and men share very few differences in how they act if they were born in the wild. If you do research on many other animal species you will see little variations between males and females.

In conclusion, society creates all gender norms and stereotypes based on assumptions and beliefs. Trans-people follow what they see in society and follow the same beliefs just the opposite of everyone else. So not natural, just a strongly held belief.

Reaction score
Is being transgender natural?
By natural, I take it to mean transgender is genetic in origin, something a person is born with (i.e., nature) rather than something a person chooses (i.e., nurture). Given all the crap that society dishes out to transgender individuals, I believe that transgender is a natural variant of normal. I cannot imagine why anyone would choose to be transgender. Those of us who consider ourselves to be normal cannot conceive of being anything other than what we are. Those of us who consider ourselves to be transgender cannot conceive of being anything other than what we are. Live and let live.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.