Percentage of Lesbians!

Reaction score
What is the percentage of lesbians in the world?
Counting lesbians? Nothing could be simpler! Just go out on the dance floor at any gay bar, and count the number of mannish women who push, shove, or elbow you in the ribs. The cutest boys in the gay bar always turn out to be lesbians dressed as males, but ignore them and just count elbows. Then double it. Trust me.

There are many kinds of lesbians, just as there are many kinds of gay men. But not on the dance floor. They are all butch brutes out there! It’s like the Running of the Bulls!

Okay, now that I got all that out of my system, let me roll up my gay engineer's sleeves, and let's rock and roll with a calculator.

I believe the standard figure of 10 percent of humanity being homosexual is a reasonable figure. This statistic was developed from a couple of gigantic studies undertaken in the 1950s, the Kinsey Report and Masters and Johnson. Homosexuals in American censuses are underreported because so many are not "gay" as such, but self-identify as "straight."

That is to say, there is a difference between being homosexual or heterosexual, and being gay or straight. Homosexuality and heterosexuality are natural sexual orientations, which people can either accept or fight against. The terms "gay" or "straight" refer to the lifestyles people lead when they accept their orientation.

So you can be homosexual in orientation, but closeted because your religion, family, or society won't let you live your orientation.

Reactions: CaraMia
Reaction score
Exactly 100% of them. Lesbians, by definition, are homosexual women, not men, so all 100% of them are in fact women. Perhaps you were asking the percentage of women who are lesbians?

Reactions: CaraMia
Reaction score
Practically it is impossible to figure out the percentage of the lesbian or gay population in the world TODAY. Probably because of the non-acceptances of the LGBT community in society (except for a few countries for sure). And henceforth, many people don't even bother to come out and many even deny accepting their own sexual identity. So, in the present situation we are in, it’s mostly impossible to figure out the right percentage. Hopefully, someday, the whole world accepts the community and we shall be open about it. You never know, the LGBT community then, may no longer be a minority community. :)

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.