Why do lesbians exist?

Reaction score
Because some women grow up and discover they are sexually attracted to other women and want to be in relationships with them. Kind of in exactly the same way as how, say, some men grow up and discover they are sexually attracted to women and want to be in relationships with them.

Reaction score
Pretty much in everything under the sun and on this planet, the jury is out on whether it is an outcome of biological programming (nature) or of social conditioning (nurture). So, there is unlikely to be a definitive answer to your question that does not begin by challenging the naturalistic fallacy that underlies your question. The question also flirts with the is-ought problem in normative ethics.

Homosexuality is not "unusual", as a good ten percent of the animal species known to us are known to exhibit homosexuality.

Some of those who have a distaste for homosexuality argue that it is counter to Darwin's theory of evolution because it confers evolutionary disadvantages. Probably intuitively correct but scientists have demonstrated it to be wrong.

Reaction score
Actually, not all "girls are programmed to be sexually attracted to men." In science, we know this. How? Well, one indication is that we see same-sex attraction in so many other species.

We see same-sex attraction in well over 400 species of animals - almost always as a minority of animals of that species, ranging from dragonflies to dolphins. This information is important.

For example, think of the dragonfly. It doesn't say "oh, I don't like male dragonflies because my father dragonfly was mean to me," it just biologically is drawn to other female dragonflies. It is as biological for that dragonfly to be drawn to other females, as it is for other dragonflies to be drawn to males.

When trying to understand any phenomena that you see, always check science first before making assumptions - you'd be shocked at how much information you'll get.

Reaction score
Yes, definitely lesbians exist. Your question seems very weird in this growing society, actually, during my school days, I have seen many students using the word “mad "on other girls. I studied in a girls' school. In that school, girls are mad at girls. world of unknown madness.

A sad truth is that a girl was mad at me too. She used to flirt with me. She always wants to sit near me. Touching me and playing with my hands. To be frank I really hated that feeling. I used to run away from her.

I don’t know what real lesbians do. But according to me, I need a female friend with me forever to share my all bad and good and also to cry on. I still haven’t found any unknown friend who truly wants to be a good friend of mine forever.

© 2022 LGBTQ and ALL. All rights reserved. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except as expressly permitted in writing by LGBTQ and ALL. LGBTQ and ALL is strictly editorial. LGBTQ and ALL does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.